Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
  1. Creating a New note about the Kakeya Conjecture. Just starting.

Felipe Ponce

v1, current

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorGuest
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2020
    Hi, I cannot edit my note, I have been blocked by spam detector. How do I fix it? Thank you.
    • CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2020

Try breaking up the edit into a sequence of small edits. Sometimes that helps to deconfuse the spam filter.

2. I have been trying to contribute repeatedly this entry, but until now I have been repeatedly blocked by the spam detector. This is my first entry, and I want to describe a few results about Kakeya conjecture. I do not plan to write an extensive treatise, just a few things. It is not easy to deal with the spam detector (thanks to Urs for helping me).

Felipe Ponce

diff, v3, current

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2020
    • (edited Apr 10th 2020)

Okay, in that case there is probly some text string in your edit that triggers the spam filter.

You could try guessing which string that might be and try to remove it for the time being to see if that helps. I could imagine that colorful maths terminology such as “X-Ray transform” and similar has a non-vanishing chance of triggering the spam filter!

Otherwise, only our admins can help: I have forwarded your issue, see there.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorRodMcGuire

you could try posting what you are trying to add right here in the nForum so others might identify what is triggering the spam filter.

Also others could see if they can add it.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorRichard Williamson
    • (edited Apr 10th 2020)

Hi Felipe, apologies for the difficulties with the spam filter; there is a threshold for the permitted textual difference, and for new users, especially those without a corresponding nForum user, this threshold is tighter. For users with a significant number of edits and a corresponding nForum user, the threshold is to all intents and purposes non-existent, i.e. everything is permitted. As far as I see you were now able to post what you were trying to post; if not, let me know. As Urs wrote, breaking up a post is one way to get around it; or posting here and asking someone else to post for you as a last resort as Rod suggested (though posting yourself is better, to become a more ’trusted’ user).

I’ll just re-iterate as I usually do that although there are occasional false negatives like this, the spam filter is catching numerous cases of spam as well (I checked again just now), and I think the benefits outweigh these unfortunate occasional cases.

Many new users will begin a series of smaller edits rather than larger ones or new pages, and the spam filter should not kick in in those cases; the threshold is quite generous as long as there is already significant content on a page.

3. Dear Felipe, interesting topic! I corrected a few typos. Further I have a few questions on the notation:

• I don’t understand the notation L q(σL x r( n1))L^q(\sigma\mapsto L^r_x(\mathbb{R}^{n-1})).

• Is Δ n\Delta^n some kind of higher order difference?

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorfelipe
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2021

Dear Daniel, I apologize for replying after so long, I truly didn’t see the message, I feel ashamed.

The first notation refers to the L qL^q norm of a function σf(σ)L r( n1)\sigma\mapsto f(\sigma)\in L^r(\mathbb{R}^{n-1}). In this case σXf(σ,x)\sigma\mapsto Xf(\sigma,x), and for fixed σ\sigma we have Xf(σ,x)L x r( n1)Xf(\sigma,x)\in L^r_x(\mathbb{R}^{n-1}); the xx is to emphasize.

Δ N\Delta^N is a power of the laplacian.