Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nforum nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf sheaves simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2010

Created local addition to contain the definition and some useful auxiliary stuff. Took a little out of smooth loop space as a seed (for some reason, the extraction got mangled but I think I got it right in the end.)

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2010

Thanks, Andrew. I’ll need to understand this at some level eventually.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2010

Added a fair amount to local addition. I suspect that some of what I’m doing there could be moved to a different page, but I’m not sure what yet. Some bits are very closely tied to local additions so should be on the same page (the construction of the family of diffeomorphisms, for example), but the stuff about charts uses local additions and one likes local additions because they define these charts, so that is the primary concept of the two and so should be on its own page, or at least on a page “higher up the food chain” (somewhere linked off manifolds, maybe?).

Thoughts, anyone?

Incidentally, in the (unfinished) construction of charts for mapping spaces, I say “Frolicher space” for my source space, but the construction would work equally well for diffeological or Chen space since maps from a diffeological space into a Froelicher space factor through the “Frolicherification” of the diffeological space (same for Chen).