Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorcuppajoeman
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2021
    Hi there,

I am a university student studying mathematics and computer science and I have been building my own wiki using mediawiki as the software. Recently I stumbled across nLab, it looks beautiful and the thing that I like the best was that I could embed tikz directly into it without hassle, and I'd like to switch to it.

If someone could help direct me how to install it on my own server it would be greatly appreciated!

I also wonder if anyone knows if it's easy to work with pseudocode in nLab as I would be using it alot.

Best,
    C
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Our admin Richard Williamson is probably the only one here who can say anything substantial on this question. Maybe you might want to contact him by email.

Just briefly, a quick comment that I can make:

Experience shows that duplicating the nnLab installation is rather non-trivial. I don’t actually know why, I guess it’s due the whole edifice being a layer-cake of incremental additions by a variety of different people.

But of course on the bottom of it all, the nnLab is an Instiki installation, and, ironically for us, Instiki is, or used to be, advertised as that wiki platform which is easy to install.

I suppose for bare Instiki this is actually the case, and so maybe that’s what you might want to try. If you google for “Instiki” you will find instructions.

On the other hand, the TikZ-functionality that you mention is probably not part of bare Instiki, and I don’t know how hard that is to add. Maybe that defeats the point of you going for Instiki in the first place.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorDmitri Pavlov

nLab’s source code is available here: https://github.com/ncatlab

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorcuppajoeman
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2021
    Thanks for the information both of you! I actually am going to stick with a version of mediawiki that is called semantic mediawiki for now. But I will investigate the source code in the future.