Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorHurkyl
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2021

Created an entry for this.

I’ve adopted the existing convention at nLab in the definition of Tw(C)Tw(C) (which is also the definition I prefer).

Since the opposite convention is used a lot (e.g. by Lurie), I’ve decided it was worth giving it notation, the relation between the versions, and citing results in both forms. Since I didn’t have any better ideas, I’ve settled on Tw¯(C)\overline{Tw}(C).

v1, current

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorHurkyl
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2022

Added link to the Kerodon, and added some citations to it.

diff, v3, current

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

added some redirects:

[[!redirects twisted arrow (∞,1)-categories]]

[[!redirects twisted arrow (infinity,1)-category]]
      [[!redirects twisted arrow (infinity,1)-categories]]

diff, v4, current

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorHurkyl

I suppose citations should be to tags rather than proposition numbers. I’ll change it when I can edit the page again.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

(Thanks for fixing my typo in that link!)

I find that, in the bulk text, it’s more natural for the reader to refer to proposition numbers instead of tags, since the former is meant for humans to read, the latter more for computers.

But probably the tags are guaranteed to be stable over time, while the proposition numbers might not be. In general at least. In the case of Kerodon I would still be amazed, but not surprised, if the material emerges all in perfect order right away, like Athena from Zeus’ forehead.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorHurkyl

Included a statement that TwTw, as defined on quasicategories, actually descends to a functor on infinity categories. (and a couple other minor improvements)

diff, v5, current

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorHurkyl
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2023

Something weird is going on with the formatting. \overline{…} is only producing a tiny overline, rather than one spanning the word.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2023

It looks fine on my system. Maybe you could isolate a minimal example in the Sandbox.

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorHurkyl
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2023
    • (edited Jun 6th 2023)

I forgot to follow up on this. I’ve created an example at Sandbox. On my computer, I only get a one character wide overline (over the “y” in “Tiny”), rather than something spanning the entire text. I’ve tested using both Edge and Opera. As mentioned in my previous comment, this looked fine when I originally created the page, and I think I first noticed it behaving badly around the time I made the comment.

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2023

I see. On my system this comes out fine with Firefox, but broken in the way you describe with Edge and Chrome.

I’ll raise this point to the technical team now.

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorHurkyl
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2024

Added a proposition about the behavior under change of category, and a proof that TwTw is a right Quillen functor on quasicategories.

diff, v6, current