Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2021

following discussion here I am starting an entry with a bare list of references (sub-sectioned), to be !include-ed into the References sections of relevant entries (mainly at homotopy theory and at algebraic topology) for ease of updating and syncing these lists.

The organization of the subsections and their items here needs work, this is just a start. Let’s work on it.

I’ll just check now that I have all items copied, and then I will !include this entry here into homotopy theory and algebraic topology. It may best be viewed withing these entries, because there – but not here – will there be a table of contents showing the subsections here.

v1, current

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Just to say that this is not meant to be perfect in any way. I just stitched this together from the material we had in various entries. Let’s work on this entry here and imrprove it for organization and completeness.

But – I suggest – let’s try to be have a comprehensive list of reference only regarding references that can be regarded as being on homotopy theory and/or algebraic proper, while on the topics of \infty-category theory, homotopy type theory etc. this list here should just contain some basics.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorDELETED_USER_2018
    • (edited Apr 11th 2023)

[deleted]

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2021

Yes, let’s add all this! Thanks.

Let’s just try to group the material in some helpful way. So far I have tried to group by “Textbooks” and “Lecture notes” etc, but as we add more it might make sense to further distinguish between “basic” and “advanced” or similar.

But not to worry about that too much, as it can always be adjusted. If you could add the items from your list that would be great!

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

have added these pointers:

diff, v2, current

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

added pointer to:

diff, v3, current

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2021
    • (edited Apr 11th 2023)

[deleted]

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Hi Théo,

thanks. But did you mean to give me a link? If you don’t want to be adding to the nLab entry here yourself, maybe the easiest would be if you copy-and-paste whatever you have into the Sandbox here. Then we can see what to do with it.

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Hi Théo,

oh, now I see that you had sent me an email with an invite to your repository.

Have now browsed around there a little. I find a list of links that open pdf-s with copies of books. Is that what you are pointing me to?

Right, that’s a good list. But it seems some work is necessary to turn this into items usable in our entry here.

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2021
    • (edited Apr 11th 2023)

[deleted]

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Okay, I see.

I wouldn’t rush for automation here (but I am also not worried that it will be implemented soon…) since there is crucial semantic value in expert humans (us!) adding commentary, cross-links and organization to a list of references

I suggest: Let’s keep your list of books in mind, but let’s proceed with adding references by hand, whenever we happen to need them, or whenever a particularly classical or otherwise noteworthy textbook or article seems to be missing in a list.

• CommentRowNumber12.
    • (edited Apr 11th 2023)

[deleted]

• CommentRowNumber13.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Sounds good. Thanks!

• CommentRowNumber14.
    • (edited Apr 11th 2023)

[deleted]

• CommentRowNumber15.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2021

added pointer to:

diff, v4, current

• CommentRowNumber16.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2021

added pointer to:

diff, v5, current

• CommentRowNumber17.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2021

To the “Outlook”-section at the end, I have added pointer to:

diff, v7, current

• CommentRowNumber18.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2021

added pointer to:

diff, v8, current

1. copied references for formalized homotopy theory over from the HoTT wiki

Anonymous

diff, v9, current

• CommentRowNumber20.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2022
    • (edited Jun 9th 2022)

Wait, this doesn’t work well. Notice that the TOC-items which you just added are more than the entire rest of the list.

But this list is for general texts on homotopy theory/algebraic topology. Individual results and topics must be listed elsewhere.

What you are after here is instead something like:

• CommentRowNumber21.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2022

I have removed the new addition here (left a pointer) and instead gave it its own new entry:

and !include-ed this into the list of references at homotopy type theory (here)

• CommentRowNumber22.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2022
    • (edited Jun 17th 2022)

added pointer to:

diff, v12, current

• CommentRowNumber23.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2022
    • (edited Jun 20th 2022)

added pointer to:

• C. R. F. Maunder, Algebraic Topology, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1970, 1980) [[pdf]]

diff, v13, current

• CommentRowNumber24.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2022
    • (edited Nov 2nd 2022)

added pointer to:

diff, v16, current

• CommentRowNumber25.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2023
    • (edited Jan 3rd 2023)

added missing pointer to:

• Kenneth S. Brown, Abstract Homotopy Theory and Generalized Sheaf Cohomology, Transactions of the American Mathematical Society 186 (1973) 419-458 [[jstor:1996573]].

diff, v18, current

• CommentRowNumber26.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2023

added pointer to:

diff, v20, current

• CommentRowNumber27.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2023
    • (edited Feb 20th 2023)

added pointer to:

diff, v21, current