Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nforum nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf sheaves simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorStephenGaito
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2009
    Hello,

I have just successfully created a FireFox nForum {Topic|Comment} search plugin based upon the nLab search plugins.
    (see: http://ncatlab.org/nlab/show/HowTo#how_to_search_the_nlab_from_firefox_4 )

(These search plugins might also work for IE.. but I have not checked this).

If anyone is interested I would happily upload them somewhere for general use.
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey

I ought to do a quick grep through the logs to see what percentages of browsers view the n-lab, but I'd be willing to bet that firefox and clones make up a clear majority. In which case it is very reasonable to have a place to put useful things like this. I'd vote for putting them on the n-lab itself, since there are already search plugins for the n-lab there, and anyone can upload files there. There are other options, of course, if that's felt like not a suitable place. I could host them here or at mathforge. Generally, I'm in favour of these little add-ons that make life just that little bit easier.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    I would agree with placing them on nLab beside the current search plugins... presumably on the HowTo page itself.

Alas I am rather new here and am reluctant to just go and alter the nLab HowTo page directly with out any *specific* encouragement to do this ;-)
    • CommentRowNumber4.
    • (edited Oct 14th 2009)

I hereby specifically encourage you to do this.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Yes, you are specifically encouraged by me, too. Thanks for your effort!

• CommentRowNumber6.
    Done, enjoy and please leave comments on any problems people have here.
    • CommentRowNumber7.
    Ouch ;-(

I seem to have made a mess of the upload of the nforum-comment-search.xm file.... I must have neglected to add a description and now I can not add one after the fact.

Can someone with higher admin permissions fix this for us?
    • CommentRowNumber8.

I suspect this was one of the notorious cache bugs. I've deleted the cache copy and it looks alright to me now. Please check that this is what you meant it to be.

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2009
    Yup it looks correct now. Many thanks for the help and pointers!

Question: the nLab-edit.xml has never been uploaded. Do we want this fixed? OR is this too ``dangerous'' a plugin? (In which case we should remove the associated bullet point).
    • CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2009

Since there were no comments to the contrary, I have now uploaded a correct version of nLab-edit.xml. Enjoy!