Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorTobyBartels
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2009
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks to Mike!

I did some trivial edits to quantum harmonic oscillator (sections, table of contents, links, references). This then made me create a stub for quantum mechanics, finally.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

I expanded the intro of renormalization and then added material on the Hopf-algebraic formulation from an old blog entry

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Added an intro at perturbation theory in order to establish the context in which the following discussion takes place

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Here is a message to Mike Stay:

Hi Mike,

thanks for all these entries. That's great.

Some hints for a better nLab experience:

• you can include all keywords in double square brackets and the wiki-software will make them automatically hyperlink to existing nLab entries or else automatically create a link that will create the entry when clicked on. The nLab becomes the better as a web of information the more keywords you include in double square brackets.

• the instki parser is pretty close to standard LateX, but one difference is this: two immediately consecutive letters in a formula it interprets as a new primitive name an chooses roman font for them. This facilitates typing roman font in math mode, but it also means that when you do want to express the product of variables, you should separate these variables by a space, so that they display italicized.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthormetaweta
    Thanks, Urs. I copied most of the stuff I wrote yesterday from my WordPress blog, where the rules are the same as standard LaTeX; it was just a matter of missing a few nits rather than being unaware of the rules. And I was just trying to get something there; I intend to go back and linkify, organize, expand, etc. when I get a chance.
    • CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorEric

It is fun to see this material going up on the nLab. Great stuff! :)

• CommentRowNumber8.

More notes for Mike:

It is normally best to put displayed math between double dollars rather than between escaped square brackets. They're not equivalent in Instiki, and the latter numbers the equations, which is clutter that we normally don't need. On the other hand, if you do want to use numbered equations, then be sure to give each one a \label, since there is a bug that will otherwise not count them correctly when you refer to a labelled equation with \eqref.

If you want to link to [[A]] with text that says ‘B’, then type [[A|B]] rather than [B](A); the latter won't work right in diffs and archived versions. (If it were all up to me, I'd redesign the directory structure so that this would work, but it's not.)

I had another note, but now I forget it ….

• CommentRowNumber9.

Maybe my last note was just to point out that you can log your edits, such as these new articles: generating function, Hamiltonian, position, momentum, canonical commutation relation, Laurent series.

Or maybe it was to also thank you for writing all of these!

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Ah, thanks for all these new entries!

This means that soon we can create a table of contents "classical mechanics - contents" and "quantum mechanics - contents" and start listing this stuff there, so that one gets an overview of what is available.

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2009

More stuff at momentum, between Zoran and me.