Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nforum nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf sheaves simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2011
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

I added a paragraph in the literature, justifying and having a link to vectoid.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks, that in fact gives me finally a helpful way to think about vectoids. I didn’t appreciate this point before.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

I have added the statement that TCoAlg()T CoAlg(\mathcal{E}) is a sheaf topos if \mathcal{E} is and TT is not only lex but also accessible. I guess I can see this (will try to spell out all the proves for the entry eventually). But where is this discussed in the literature?

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorRodMcGuire

Nikolai Durov’s Classifying Vectoids and Generalisations of Operads has just (May 16, 2011) appeared in arxiv.

So I guess the Russian can be taken out of the algebrad page.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • (edited May 18th 2011)

Thank you very much Rod.

But what do you mean Russian version “taken out” ?? The Russian version

• “Классифицирующие вектоиды и классы операд”, Trudy MIAN, vol. 273

is the published version and it is the original. The original should never be removed from the record.

P.S. I did not put before the Russian version of the paper though to the page (now I did). I have the copy for a year or so, but I posted just the conference part as the paper did not appear publicly at the time. I now added the publication data. Conference digest could stay as well.

I have now also added the reference to Nikolai Durov.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorRodMcGuire
    • (edited May 18th 2011)

By “Russian taken out” I was just referring to the Russian text abstract included in the entry.

I was also wondering if the arxiv version is not merely a translation of the Trudy MIAN vol 273 version but also included new material since you say it is a year or so old, and no date is given for its publication.

However I just checked and Vol 272 is the latest issue so in some since the Russian version hasn’t been published yet.

Is there a difference between the two versions?

[ UGH. I don’t seem able to have an ’a’ tag include ’option_lang=eng’ for ’Vol 272’ above ]

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

The Russian abstract is the abstract of the talk, not the paper. The paper has been written a year ago, accepted some time ago and got the issue number which is yet not printed, but the issue belongs to this year. The English version which I suppose hasn’t got much difference from the Russian version will be published next year, in the English edition.

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2013
    • (edited May 9th 2013)

Urs wrote (in #4):

But where is this discussed in the literature?

I am also wondering this. The Elephant only gives a passing mention.

EDIT: only another passing mention, but enough to construct a proof I think. Richard Garner’s paper on ionads mentions that the category of coalgebras for a lex comonad is locally presentable (hence a Grothendieck topos) iff the comonad is accessible.

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble

I performed some edits and added some material at topos of algebras over a monad.

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman

I’d like to propose that this page be renamed to topos of coalgebras over a comonad, which is what it’s mostly about. The material on algebras is adequately covered in other pages that are referred to.

• CommentRowNumber12.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2015
    • (edited Aug 28th 2015)

Given an accesible left exact comonad on a sheaf topos eqipped with a site of definition, I’d like to have an explicit site of definition of the topos of coalgebras.

Specifically I’d like to have this for the jet comonad acting on a slice of the Cahiers topos over some smooth manifold Σ\Sigma.

Conversely, I suppose there is an evident structure of a site on the category of smooth bundles over Σ\Sigma with (nonlinear) differential operators between them as morphisms, hence on the restriction of the coKleisli category of the jet comonad to bundles of manifolds. How might the sheaf topos on that site be related to the topos of algebras over the comonad acting on the Cahiers topos?

• CommentRowNumber13.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble

That’s a very good question. I also think it would be interesting to contemplate what theory coalgebras classify (a question which could stand some refinement).

• CommentRowNumber14.
    • CommentAuthorZhen Lin

Getting generators for the category of coalgebras for an accessible comonad is a lot less obvious than the category of algebras for an accessible monad. Perhaps if someone knew an explicit argument for showing that the category of coalgebras is accessible…

• CommentRowNumber15.
    • CommentAuthorspitters

Johnstone - “collapsed toposes” and “when is a variety a topos?” and “cartesian monads on toposes.”

• CommentRowNumber16.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2015

Well, one could presumably beta-reduce Makkai-Pare’s limit theorem for the case of coalgebras..

• CommentRowNumber17.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Aug 29th 2015)

Thanks for the replies.

Bas, thanks for the references, but does any one of them address the question that I am asking: how to get a site of definiton for the topos of coalgebras of a left exact accessible comonad acting on a topos?

By the discussion at topos of coalgebras over a comonad I already know that my category of coalgebras is a topos. What I am after is a site of definition for it.

I don’t need this site generally, just for the case of the jet comonad acting on the slice of the Cahiers topos over any manifold Σ\Sigma.

Or while I am at it, what I really-really need is to relate the topos Sh(DiffOp Σ(Mfd))Sh(DiffOp_\Sigma(Mfd)) of sheaves on the site DiffOp Σ(Mfd)DiffOp_\Sigma(Mfd) (which is the restriction of the full coKleisli category to those objects in the Cahiers topos represented by Frechet manifolds) to the full topos of all coalgebras.

Now I don’t expect that to be helpful information to anyone, but that’s what I am really after.

• CommentRowNumber18.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Ah, I am being stupid. For that special case apply comonadic descent and it should follow that a site of definition is the comma category of the inclusion of the original site over Σ\Im \Sigma.

• CommentRowNumber19.
    • CommentAuthorspitters

Urs, I did not mean to imply that Johnstone’s papers answer your question, just that they are considered with the question when do T-algebras form a topos. I’ve added the references to the page for posterity.