Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2011

New stub character, which should explain various kinds of characters in algebra, few already started. there is also the character of a topological space noted.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2012
    • (edited Oct 2nd 2012)

I have added a section on left and right characters on objects in any coslice category of rings (i.e. characters on AA-rings). This notion is used, e.g. in the treatments of bialgebroids, e.g. in

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2018

added pointer to Raksit 15

diff, v28, current

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2021

For clarity, I have subsumed the previous sections “Multiplicative group characters” and “Character of a linear representation” as subsections of a single section “Character of a group” (here), which I then prefaced with the warning that both these notions are often just referred to as “characters” of a group, and how they are related.

diff, v33, current