Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2011
    • (edited Aug 24th 2011)
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2011

Put in a couple of links. Did you link to Wikipedia’s Pontrjagin duality because nLab’s isn’t good enough?

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2011

Did you link to Wikipedia’s Pontrjagin duality because nLab’s isn’t good enough?

We should never directly link to Wikipedia, except out of a References-section. Not because it is not good to link to Wikipedia, but because we will at some point have to go back and change the links to point to the relevant nLab-entry. But we will certainly forget to do that.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2011

I did not just link in brackets, but explicitly said:

cf. wikipedia, Pontrjagin duality.

That means that I explicitly liked to cite Pontrjagin duality in that sentence and emphasised that I am citing them and not just linking to a default dictionary or wiki entry. I do agree that one should never just put in brackets hidden wikipedia link, every link in the nnLab by default is inner link and the external links should be fairly clear that they are external.

I have added redirect Fourier analysis to Fourier transform and said few words why. New entry harmonic analysis.