Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2011

I find the page lax monoidal transformation confusing. To me, a “monoidal transformation” is a natural transformation between monoidal functors which is compatible with the monoidal structure (and there is no room for such a thing to be lax or colax). I would call the structure described on that page something like a “monoidal structure map”.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2011

Sounds good. I have changed it accordingly.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorTobyBartels
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2011

Is this called the “lax monoidal transformation” in the literature? If so, then we should still mention that and explain what’s wrong with it.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

I think I created that entry when I wrote monoidal Dold-Kan correspondence and related entries. In that context for instance the article

Schwede, Shipley, Equivalences of monoidal model categories (pdf)

uses the term this way (page 5-6).

• CommentRowNumber5.

I’ve put that in.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman

Great, thanks. The page lax monoidal transformation still seems to exist; is that the cache acting weird?

• CommentRowNumber7.

Yep, that’s the cache bug. (I can’t clear it from here.) But it’s lasting a longer time that it used to.