Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2012
    • (edited Sep 23rd 2012)

started projective module

(will need to move some material around with projective object. Also, I am splitting off now projective resolution from resolution )

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2012
    • (edited Sep 23rd 2012)

I have been expanding the Properties-section at projective module. Made fully explicit in detailed proofs what was previously just alluded to as “clearly”: that every direct summand of a free module is projective, assuming the axiom of choice. This is meant to be expository and serve newbies.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2012
    • (edited Oct 17th 2012)

added a section Definition - F-resolutions of an object.

Will now add a corresponding Properties-section…

(Sorry, this should go to the thread on projective resolution…)

1. Added to projective module the many ways to characterize finitely generated projective modules.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2016
    • (edited Jul 11th 2016)

For completeness, I have added to the beginning of the entry the elementary proof of the first claim, here.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2016
    • (edited Jul 26th 2016)

projective module, Prop. 5 number 4:

There exist elements x 1,,x nPx_1,\ldots,x_n \in P and linear forms ϑ 1,,ϑ nHom(P,R)\vartheta_1,\ldots,\vartheta_n \in Hom(P,R) such that x= iϑ i(x)x ix = \sum_i \vartheta_i(x) x_i for all xPx \in P.

In my memory, these data were called a normal basis of the projective module ?