Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2012

added to simplicial set in the Definition section a slightly more explicit version of the definition.

(I see now this kind of thing is repeated further below in the entry. But it should be right there as a formal definition, I think.)

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorTim_Porter
    That looks good. What do you think should go at the subsection: As models in homotopy theory as we still have a stub there, (even a simple list of the topics might look better?)
    • CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

What do you think should go at the subsection: As models in homotopy theory as we still have a stub there,

Sorry, I thought it was clear what should go there from the keywords: a brief discussion of how simplicial sets support ordinary homotopy theory as well as directed homotopy theory with pointers to the relevant entries.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    I was merely wondering if you had a more structured entry at this point.
    • CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthoradeelkh
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2013

I added the references

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2013

As Curtis’s article is now free online, I link its doi and MR number to its reference record:

• Edward B. Curtis, Simplicial homotopy theory, Advances in Math. 6 (1971) 107 – 209 MR279808 doi
    • CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2018

added two graphics illustrating simplicial sets here.

I am looking for more and better such graphics. Something one could show on slides to give a good quick idea of what simplicial sets (or at least simplicial complexes) are, without actually giving the definition.

diff, v68, current

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2018

I made some slight changes to this entry changing the title of one section and adding some brief words on cthe relationship between simplicial complexes and simplicial sets.

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2018

Danny Stevenson has kindly sent me a good illustration of the definition, I have added it here

diff, v70, current

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2018

Yes I like it!

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorAli Caglayan
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2018
    I can't see anything on the simplicial set page. The history shows that this is definitely the right page. Only the title is showing the rest is compltely empty. Other pages on the nlab load just fine.

nLab
    simplicial set
    Skip the Navigation Links | Home Page | All Pages | Latest Revisions | Discuss this page | Feeds |
    Search
    Last revised on July 25, 2018 at 03:47:24. See the history of this page for a list of all contributions to it.

Edit | Back in time (69 revisions) | See changes | History | Cite | Views: Print | TeX | Source
    This site is running on Instiki 0.19.7(MML+)