Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2012
    • (edited Oct 8th 2012)

I have touched the formatting at free groupoid. Then I added the statement that the fundamental groups of a free groupoid are free. Also added a pointer to a writeup of the proof.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2012

Just unimportant question: is there an analogue of Fox derivative for free groupoids considered anywhere (Fox derivative is originally defined for group algebras of free groups) ?

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorTim_Porter
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2012

Yes. Ronnie, with Phil Higgins did something on those lines and I think it is in the triple authored book.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorronniegpd
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2015
    • (edited Jun 24th 2015)
    The question concerns the relation between crossed complexes and chain complexes with a groupoid of operators which is fully discussed
    in the book partially titled "Nonabelian Algebraic Topology". See Sections 7.4, 8.4, 9.5.
    • CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2023

added a sentence and diagram (here) relating to the more general construction of the free groupoid on general (small strict) categories (i.e. not necessarily on free categories, as was previously implicitly assumed)

also added cross-link with the other adjoint, the core

diff, v11, current

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2023
    • CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2023

added pointer to:

diff, v15, current

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs