Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2012
    • (edited Oct 23rd 2012)

the term topological subspace used to redirect to the general-purpose entry subspace. I have now instead made it redirect to subspace topology and pointed to there from subspace.

(Also, at subspace I have removed a sentence which claimed that “On the nLab we often say ’space’ to mean ’topological space’.” Because on the contrary, on the nnLab we are dealing with general abstract mathematics and not just the small field of topology, and so we are being careful and don’t assume that “space” by default means “topological space”.)

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2013

I have added some material to topological subspace, including two lemmas, one on pushouts of (closed/open) subspaces, and a similar one on transfinite compositions of such.