Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2012
    • (edited Nov 30th 2012)

the entry Dold-Kan correspondence and several related entries had long been asking for connective chain complex. I have now started something there. Of course this can be much further expanded on…

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorTim_Porter
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2012

Small typo fixed.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2015

At connective spectrum there is a sentence that starts ”Non-connective spectra are well familiar ” To me this is not good English but also the sentence then talks about connective spectra and seems confusing (to me). Can someone else have a look at this? As I turned to this to get enlightenment on the use of ‘connective’ I do not want to try to improve the clarity without other inputs! ;-)

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2015

I’ve been busy and waiting for someone else to reply, but since no one seems to be doing so, yes, I agree there is a problem. Perhaps what is meant is that “there is a subclass of connective spectra that are equivalent to possibly-more-familiar objects, namely nonnegatively graded chain complexes, via the Dold-Kan correspondence”?

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • (edited Mar 17th 2015)

I have pasted and edited your sentence into the entry and cleaned up afterwards. I hope it reads better now!

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman

Thanks! I added links.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2023

adjusted paragraph relating to connective spectra

diff, v5, current