Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2012
    • (edited Dec 14th 2012)

expanded the Idea- and the Definition section at G2-manifold (also further at G2). (Still not really complete, though.) Highlighted the relation to 2-plectic geometry and cross-linked there.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2013

added a brief remark on weak G2 holonomy. Needs to be expanded…

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2015
    • (edited Jan 12th 2015)

I have expanded a little at G2-structure, added the characterization via “definite” 3-forms, such as to then add a brief section on closed G2-structure – all following the nice note Bryant 05.

The upshot is a remark that closed G 2G_2-structures are given by certain phased correspondences of cohesive homotopy types.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2015

added to G2-manifold as an example discussion of how the “definite” 3-forms are given by contraction of the canonical one with vielbein fields.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2015

just for those who check the logs and are wondering: I have been making minor edits and adding references to various entries, including G-structure, M-theory on G2-manifold, geometry of physics – supergeometry and probably others.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2015
    • (edited Dec 4th 2015)

I spotted and now fixed an annoying typo in a cross-link at G2-manifold: at the crucial point where Bryant’s theorem was mentioned that closed and coclosed G 2G_2-structures (hence G 2G_2-manifold structures) are precisely the torsion-free G 2G_2-structures, the cross-reference pointed only to the closure-clause, not to the co-closure clause. I have fixed this now. Also added the statement of the equivalence to vanishing Ricci curvature.

Finally I merged it all into one statement.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2017

only now learned of Kovalev’s new (not so new anymore) construction of a new class of compact G 2G_2-manifolds. Added pointer at G2-manifold (here) and at M-theory on G2-manifolds (here)

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2017
    • (edited Aug 1st 2017)

I added the new reference

Dominic Joyce, Spiro Karigiannis, A new construction of compact G 2G_2-manifolds by gluing families of Eguchi-Hanson spaces, arXiv:1707.09325

to G2-manifold