Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2013

at braided monoidal 2-categiry the following query box was sitting, which I hereby move from there to here

+–{: .query} Ben Webster: I would very much like to know: what structure on a (triangulated/dg-/stable infinity/whatever you like) monoidal category would make its 2-category of module categories (give that phrase any sensible construal you like) is braided monoidal.

If one decategorifies this question, one gets the question “what structure on a ring makes its category of representations braided monoidal” and the answer to this question is well-known: a quasi-triangular quasi-Hopf structure.

I asked a MathOverflow question on the same topic. No interesting answers yet. =–

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2014
    • (edited Jun 19th 2014)

Today I had had again the pleasure to chat with Larry Breen. In passing he reminded me that he had proposed the definition of braided monoidal (2-)category independently of Joyaj-Street in a letter to Deligne in 1988, as linked to from his webpage.

I have added this pointer to the nLab entries here and here.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2021

added pointer to:

diff, v11, current

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2023

added pointer to today’s

• Thibault D. Décoppet, Hao Xu, Local Modules in Braided Monoidal 2-Categories [arXiv:2307.02843]

diff, v13, current