Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2013
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Apr 8th 2013)

I have stated the relation

Drinfeld double \leftrightarrow Drinfeld center

more explicitly in both entries (but still without any details).

Then I made that a row in the table structure on algebras and their module categories - table

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • (edited Apr 8th 2013)

The canonical name is center of a monoidal category. Some recent articles started using the name “Drinfeld center” as it generalizes the Drinfeld double, in a sense, but the construction is due Shahn Majid and it has a relative version right away (see Majid’s Foundations book, chapter IX).

Ross Street has a paper on realizing it as sort of a 2-categorical limit.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Apr 8th 2013)

Redicrects are in place. If you feel the entry should be renamed, please do.

The Street-reference I have included now. Too bad that this does not relate to the important characterization via “endomorphisms of the identity”. (Or maybe it’s implicit somewhere? I have only glanced over it.)

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

No, it is just a comment on the background.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2020

added pointer to the recent

diff, v8, current

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorGuest
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2021
    Hi, I believe Proposition 3.2 is incorrect in that generality. The categorical dimension of the center of C is the square of the categorical dimension of C, and it could very well happen that the latter is invertible in the ground field but the former is not. Then you should have a Maschke-type situation.

Jo
    • CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2021

Thanks for the alert. I have added (here) the clause that the ground field be algebraically closed and of characteristic zero, and added pointer to proof, review and further references.

There would be a lot more to be said, and in more generality. Please feel invited to edit.

diff, v9, current