Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2013
    • (edited Jul 17th 2013)

I keep having the need to point to something like mass gap problem. So now I created a stub for it, just so that the links works. Has to be expanded, clearly.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorigor
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2013
    Urs, have you actually taken a look at the notes by Yablon referenced at the bottom of that page? I don't think their content is at the high technical level that the context implies.
    • CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2013

I only glanced over them, admittedly. Can you suggest a good technical survey? I’d be happy to replace this by something better.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorigor
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2013
    I've always thought that the Jaffe-Witten article was a good technical survey in itself. Certainly it doesn't go into the details of how many of the results they refer to had been established. But I also don't know of a survey article that actually does that. A more technical survey would essentially have to be a treatise on constructive field theory and I don't know whether there have been any good ones published since Glimm and Jaffe.
    • CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2017
    • (edited Sep 30th 2017)

I have extracted the key paragraphs from Jaffe-Witten’s “problem description” as a full quote to the entries quantization of Yang-Mills theory (here) and also Yang-Mills theory (here):

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2019

Took out the redirect from ’mass gap problem’ since this also is a redirect for mass gap.

diff, v15, current

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2020
    • (edited Jan 23rd 2020)

Added the missing ’n’ in ’Millennium’. By the way, Urs, you have this misspelling at Hypothesis H, including in slides I can’t change.

If anyone has the energy there are 22 pages with this wrong spelling.

diff, v16, current

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Oh, wow. Thanks for alerting me. I’ll fix it…

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks again.

Have fixed it now at Hypothesis H (schreiber). Will fix the remaining occurrences on the nLab later today.