Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2013

I have splitt off from classifying topos an entry classifying topos for the theory of objects and added the statement about the relation to finitary monads.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorTodd_Trimble

I added to your remark a related point of view, and linked to some notes of mine.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Aug 8th 2013)

Ah, thanks, that’s nice!!

We should add some kind of remark concerning [ op,Set][\mathbb{P}^{op}, Set] also as an Example at monoidal topos. And I guess we should still add a pointer to an explanation of \mathbb{P} to the entry. I can’t right now, though, am in a rush here…

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman

Nice page, thanks.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2013

I have added a stub for permutation category, just for completeness. In the course of this I noticed that we already have braid category! I have now cross-linked that a bit more such as to make it easier to find.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2014
    • (edited Nov 26th 2014)

Spelled out here the argument for why PSh(FinSet op)PSh(FinSet^{op}) is the classifying topos for objects by pointing to this fact.

(Just for completeness.)

Also added the remark that similarly PSh((FinSet *) op)PSh((FinSet_\ast)^{op}) is the classifying topos for pointed objects.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2014

added also at classifying topos for the theory of objects remarks on the \infty-case:

Similarly

• Added remarks on “finite” in FinSet.
    • Added remarks on object classifier as generalized space of “sets”

Steve Vickers

diff, v21, current

1. Added more concrete construction of the pointed set classifier.

Steve Vickers

diff, v21, current

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorThomas Holder
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2018

Fixed some typos and highlighted (hopefully in a correct way) the role of the category of elements in this. It would be nice if one could bring the description of the generic object in section 2 notationally and conceptually in line with the description given in the current section 3 ! Thanks anyway for polishing the entries on ’geometric’ logics and adding clarifications !

diff, v22, current

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2018

Linked to the page finite set in the comments about what finite sets are meant for [FinSet,Set][FinSet, Set].

diff, v24, current