Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2013
    • (edited Sep 2nd 2013)

Is there a chance that the LaTeX harpoon arrow symbols ⇀ (\rightharpoonup), ⇁ (\rightharpoondown), ↽ (\leftharpoonup), ↼ (\leftharpoondown), listed under special characters be added soon? It is standard that certain 4 canonical actions of dual gebras are denoted using those, and I do not know any effective replacements except for cutting and pasting the symbols in non-LaTeX manner (what is, for my present needs, not that bad). Edit: I am taking it back, do not see how to use cut and paste within formulas, unless inline.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

I have now used codecogs for non/inline formulas while combining the cut and paste outside of inline with inline for inline position. The symbol looks differently from codecogs, I mean font.. Otherwise not bad.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey

You can use numeric entities, so ↼ for ↼ and ⇀ for ⇀. I’ve edited the page to remove the codecogs ones but haven’t done the inline ones.

(That’s not to say that adding these into itex wouldn’t be a good idea. But that’s for Jacques to decide, not me.)

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

Great idea, thanks Andrew!