Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2013

Unfortunately, there are two entries on the same topic, both created by Urs: quantum Hall effect (redirecting also fractional quantum Hall effect what should eventually split off) with some substance, and the microstub quantum hall effect. I would like to create quantum spin Hall effect and I think I should rename/reclaim the stub quantum hall effect for this. Do others agree ? Urs ?

As the action is now delayed I record here the reference which I wanted to put there

• B. Andrei Bernevig, Taylor L. Hughes, Shou-Cheng Zhang, Quantum spin Hall rffect and topological phase transition in HgTe quantum wells, Science 15 December 2006: 314, n. 5806, pp. 1757-1761 doi

Somewhat surprisingly, the authors and roughly this work of them are mentioned (though not in the list of references) in a paper in algebraic geometry

which considers the mirror symmetry and topological states of matters (topological insulators in particular) as main applications.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2013

Thanks for fixing this! Didn’t notice.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorTobyBartels
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2013

The theoretically proper thing to do is to move (change page name) quantum hall effect to quantum hall effect > history (while replacing its content with < [[quantum hall effect]] and of course putting [[!redirects quantum hall effect]] at quantum Hall effect).

After saying all that, I decided to just do it. So I did it.

However, since there is no actual additional content, nor even any edit history of such, it actually doesn't matter if you do as you propose instead. In particular, if you'd like to have Urs's ministub in the history of your page, then go to quantum hall effect > history (or even revision 1) and rename and edit it. I won't be upset (^_^).

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2021

I have added missing publication data for this item:

• Chetan Nayak, Steven H. Simon, Ady Stern, Michael Freedman, Sankar Das Sarma, Non-Abelian Anyons and Topological Quantum Computation, Rev. Mod. Phys. 80, 1083, 2008([arXiv:0707.1888] (http://arxiv.org/abs/0707.1889), doi:10.1103/RevModPhys.80.1083)

And added this more recent pointer:

• Ville Lahtinen, Jiannis K. Pachos, A Short Introduction to Topological Quantum Computation, SciPost Phys. 3, 021 (2017) (arXiv:1705.04103)

diff, v6, current

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2021

I have added the original references predicting abelian anyons in the FQHE:

I think I will give this References subsection its own bare entry, for ease of !include-ing it elsewhere, such as at anyon

diff, v10, current

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2021

I have added pointer to the original article

and to the review

Have to interrupt now to do something else…

diff, v12, current

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2021

Have added references on the theoretical foundations:

While an intuitive understanding for the quantization of the Hall conductance has been given in

a theoretical derivation of the effect was obtained only much later in

with closely related results in

• Alessandro Giuliani, Vieri Mastropietro, Marcello Porta, Universality of the Hall conductivity in interacting electron systems, Communications in Mathematical Physics volume 349, pages 1107–1161(2017) (arXiv:1511.04047, doi:10.1007/s00220-016-2714-8)

Review of this theory behind the quantum Hall effect:

diff, v13, current

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2021
    • S. Klevtsov, X. Ma, G. Marinescu, P. Wiegmann, Quantum Hall effect and Quillen metric Commun. Math. Phys. 349, 819–855 (2017) doi

diff, v15, current

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2021

added pointer to today’s

• William Wolf, James Read, Nicholas Teh, Edge modes and dressing fields for the Newton-Cartan quantum Hall effect (arXiv:2111.08052)

diff, v16, current

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2022

have added more references:

diff, v22, current