Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2013
    • (edited Nov 29th 2013)

as you may have seen in the logs, I am working on an entry Higher toposes of laws of motion, something like extended talk notes.

I am running a bit out of time, and so the entry is unpolished and turns into just a list of keywords towards the end, for the moment. But in case anyone is wondering about the logs, here is the announcement.

Don’t look at this yet if you feel like just reading. Of course if you feel like joining in with the editing a bit, that’s welcome, as usual.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2013

Fix some typos.

I don’t know about

To promote this success…

Sounds a bit funny, as though Hilbert knew that to inspire himself 15 years later he had to formulate a problem and read it out at an International conference in 1900.

Maybe instead

To promote success of this kind…Hilbert’s 6th problem had asked…

Then

Since then a list of such axiomatizations has been found..

Hadn’t symplectic geometry for classical mechanics already been found in the 19th century?

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2013
    • (edited Nov 30th 2013)

Thanks, right.

I have edited the whole entry a bit more.

Now pretty much all the material is in place that I intended. But it still deserves to be polished further, of course.

I have given essentially the first half of these notes as a talk today at the Eighth Scottish Category Theory Seminar and hinted at some of the stuff in the second half in the question session.

There was a certain public demand expressed to make these notes available.

But having flown to Edinburgh this morning, getting up at 3.30 am, and now back the same day, being stuck in Amsterdam almost 24 hours later now I now feel a bit destroyed and will leave it the way it is for tonight.