Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2014

at smash product I have added after the definition (for pointed sets, currently) pointers to the general discussion of the closed monoidal structure at pointed object and to the article by Elmendorf-Mandell.

Eventually the entry smash product should be written in a bit more generality. But I won’t do it right now.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2020
    • (edited Dec 14th 2020)

Added the statement that on the subcategory Top LCHausTop_{LCHaus} of Top on the locally compact Hausdorff spaces with proper maps between them, the functor of one-point compactification

() cpt:Top LCHausTop */ (-)^{cpt} \;\colon\; Top_{LCHaus} \longrightarrow Top^{\ast/}

sends Cartesian products (product topological spaces) to smash products of pointed topological spaces, in that there is a natural homeomorphism:

(X×Y) cptX cptY cpt. \big( X \times Y \big)^{cpt} \;\simeq\; X^{cpt} \wedge Y^{cpt} \,.

Elementary as it is, I’ll give it a little stand-alone entry one-point compactification intertwines Cartesian product with smash product for ease of hyperlinking in other relevant entries (such as at one-point compactification and pointed topological space).

diff, v21, current