Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2014

have added a tad more to the Properties-section at Riemann zeta function.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2014

I have added various further illuminating (hopefully) details to the proof here of how the Riemann zeta function relates to the Jacobi theta function via adelic integration.

(This is pretty neat, I find. I learned this from Ivan Fesenko. But I gather it is standard in the field. Is this explicitly already in Tate’s thesis?)

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • (edited Aug 25th 2014)

Is this explicitly already in Tate’s thesis?

Yes. Though he treats more general case of twisted zeta functions and you have to substitute the special case of the idelic character corresponding to the Riemann case. See also the Garrett’s lectures at Iwasawa-Tate theory for some details for the several special cases like the Riemann and Dirichlet zeta functions.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks. Those lecture notes Garrett 11 are pretty useful as a review.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2019

Preprint today by Yau et al., relating pp-adic strings to the Riemann zeta function:

diff, v20, current