Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2014

I added some arXiv reference to thermodynamics and corrected link irreversible theoremodynamics to irreversible thermodynamics :) – really funny typo (?Froydian reflex to Bourbakism complex :) ).

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2014

That’s really funny. Thanks for sharing. Did I make that typo?

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2014

I did not check for the author…I hope we’ll soon have more context and more entries related to thermodynamics, statistical physics, random matrix theory. determinantal processes and so on (including issues related to renormalization in that context and the related issues on zeta functions of operators).

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2016
    • (edited Oct 6th 2016)

I have split statistical mechanics from thermodynamics. And some new related stubs like fluctuation-dissipation theorem and Langevin equation.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2018

added some pointers regarding “relativistic thermodynamics” (here)

The topic still seems to be murky. If anyone knows of any recent progress, let me know.

diff, v22, current

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2019
    • (edited May 30th 2019)

added pointer to

diff, v29, current

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

added also pointer to

• Charles-Michel Marle, From tools in symplectic and Poisson geometry to Souriau’s theories of statistical mechanics and thermodynamics, Entropy 2016, 18(10), 370 (arXiv:1608.00103)

and to

• Shun-ichi Amari, Chapter 2: Differential Geometrical Theory of Statistics in Differential geometry in statistical inference, Institute of Mathematical Statistics Lecture Notes - Monograph Series 1987, 19-94 (euclid:1215467059)

diff, v29, current

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

created two further subsections under References and re-organized the list of references a little, accordingly

diff, v29, current