Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2015

When somebody asked me about the sSet enrichment of cosimplicial objects, I noticed that the nLab didn’t have the pointers. So I have now split off a stub cosimplicial object from simplicial object and added a bare minimum of pointers. No time for more at the moment.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorZhen Lin

There is no need to assume finite limits or colimits. I added an end formula for the hom-spaces: in effect, all we are doing is forming the totalisation of the cosimplicial simplicial set 𝒞(X ,Y )\mathcal{C} (X^{\bullet}, Y^{\bullet}).

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks!

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Actually, the question was about the simplicial tensoring.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorZhen Lin

Ah. Then you will need colimits in 𝒞\mathcal{C}.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

I should have said it here as I did say it in the entry: what is called the “external simplicial structure” in Quillen 67, recalled for instance as Bousfield 03, section 2.10 involves the enrichment, the powering and the tensoring. That’s what I was pointing to. But I should have said so more clearly.