Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2016
    • (edited Feb 4th 2016)

I have tried to improve the list of references at stable homotopy theory and related entries a bit. I think the key for having a satisfactory experience with the non-\infty-categorical literature reflecting the state of the art, is to first have a general but quick survey, and then turn for the details of highly structured ring spectra to a comprehensive reference on S-modules or orthogonal spectra. So I have tried to make that better visible in the list of reference.

I find that for the first point (general but quick survey) Malkiewich 14 is the best that I have seen.

Of the highly structured models, probably orthogonal spectra maximize efficiency. A slight issue as far as references go is that the maybe best comprehensive account of their theory is Schwede’s Global homotopy theory, which presents something more general than beginners may want to see (on the other hand, beginners often don’t know what they really want). In any case, I have kept adding this book reference as a reference for orthogonal spectra, joint with the comment that the inclined reader is to chooce the collection \mathcal{F} of groups as trivial, throughout.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2019

added pointer to

diff, v44, current

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2020

added publication data to

and fixed the pdf link to Dylan Wilson’s note

diff, v45, current

• CommentRowNumber4.