Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2016
    • (edited Aug 15th 2016)

I have created Sullivan model of free loop space with the formula and pointers to the literature.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2016
    • (edited Aug 16th 2016)

There is a canonical S 1S^1-action on the free loop space. For Sullivan models ( (VsV,d X)(\wedge^\bullet (V \oplus s V, d_{\mathcal{L}X} ) such that d Xd_X is simple enough, then it is easy to guess a Sullivan model for the S 1S^1-homotopy quotient. Namely add a generator ω 2\omega_2 of degre 2 and then modify the differential on the unshifted generators by adding a term proportional to the corresponding shifted generator wedge ω 2\omega_2.

Is there any published statement about Sullivan models for the homotopy quotients X/S 1\mathcal{L}X/S^1?

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

I have found a source for the proof of the Sullivan model for X/S 1\mathcal{L}X/S^1. It is theorem A in Vigué-Burghelea 85. I have added the statement here.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

I have added an Examples-section The 4-sphere and twisted de Rham cohomology which spells out the Sullivan model for S 4//S 1\mathcal{L}S^4 // S^1 and makes an observation of how this relates to a kind of caloron correspondence.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2019

added as a corollary the Sullivan model for based loop spaces (here) and, as an example, the Sullivan models for the iterated based loop spaces of spheres Ω kS n\Omega^k S^{n} for k<nk \lt n (here)

diff, v27, current

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2019

changed title, making it just “loop space” instead of “free loop space”

diff, v27, current

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2021
    • (edited Jul 2nd 2021)

I have harmonized notation by replacing all “/^h” and “/ /” by “\sslash

(On the other hand, I guess there was a time when \sslash didn’t render properly on some browsers. I forget what the status is, hope it works now.)

diff, v31, current

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

added pointer to:

• Bitjong Ndombol & M. El Haouari, The free loop space equivariant cohomology algebra of some formal spaces, Mathematische Zeitschrift 266 (2010) 863–875 (doi:10.1007/s00209-009-0602-z)

diff, v32, current

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

also this one:

• Kentaro Matsuo, The Borel cohomology of the loop space of a homogeneous space, Topology and its Applications 160 12 (2013) 1313-1332 (doi:10.1016/j.topol.2013.05.001)

diff, v32, current

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2021

There used to be mentioning of “twisted de Rham cohomology” in a sub-section headline, without this ever being mentioned in the text. Now I have instead removed these words from the section headline, but added an actual remark (here) on this point.

diff, v34, current

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2022

have spelled out (here) the example of the Sullivan model for the cyclic loop space of B n+1B^{n+1} \mathbb{Q}.

diff, v35, current

• CommentRowNumber12.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2023

Below the statement of the Sullivan model of a based loop space (here) I added a remark (here) pointing to the Pontrjagin ring structure on the loop space’s homology.

diff, v38, current