Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorPeter Heinig
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2017
    • (edited Jul 25th 2017)

EDIT:

Changes note. Changed the already existing page 201707040601 to contain an svg illustration relevant to pasting scheme and [this thread]

Meta data. cf. [this thread]; difference is that in 201707040601 a face FF of the plane digraph is named and one of the two orientations of the euclidean plane is indicated by a circular gray arrows. A connection to [Power’s proof] can be seen by letting q :=sq_{-\infty}:=s (in Power’s sense), and q =tq_{\infty}=t, and FF the “F” in Power’s paper.

OLD, bug-related discussion:

For some reason unknown to me, the “discussion” (actually, it is merely meant to be the obligatory “log what you do” entry), the discussion with name ‘201707040601’ that I started seems to have technical problems: the comment I entered is not displayed (to me). I would delete it, but apparently it is not possible to delete “discussions” one has started. Please do with it whatever seems most appropriate.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Jul 4th 2017)

Apparently you discovered a bug in the forum software.

Which page are all these diagrams for? I’d think we’d rather see you alert us of edits to that page, than to each of its diagrams, taken out of context.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • (edited Jul 4th 2017)

Thanks for the answers.

Just FYI: from my side, I still cannot see any comments to the discussion ‘201707040601’, only see on the front page that Todd_Trimble has added a reply to this (which I still cannot see; if it does not matter, please ignore, if you want me to read comment 4 in 201707040601, then please repeat it here).

Which page are all these diagrams for?

I am not sure what the plural “diagrams” means here; in this case, it was only about the diagram in 201707040601. (But of course I understand you probably use the plural in a generalized sense, referring to the intent of uploading more diagrams.)

The diagram is for icons, and for making expository notes around, but not confined to, the article by Garner–Shulman cited there.

I am aware of the general policy of keeping it simple and using arrays as much as possible. However, when it comes to string diagrams for bicategories (which I am currently learning and using), arrays in plain latex clearly are inadequate.

I’d think we’d rather see you alert us of edits to that page, than to each of its diagrams, taken out of context.

Okay, if this means that (within reason) it is acceptable to create several pages of the kind 201707040601, without creating a “discussion” for each of them, and only alert if any progress worth mentioning has been made, then I am of course fine with that, and will do this. (Of course, intuitively, it is obvious that one should not create a new discussion thread for each svg image, I need not be told that; I was just unsure what to do. I seems clear that one should exercise judgement what to document and how.)

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2017
    • (edited Jul 25th 2017)

Edit-note: Documentary material on 201707040601 has been placed at the start of this thread.