Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2017

I have been adding some more (historical) references to the entry quantum electrodynamics (also at quantum field theory, S-matrix and causal propagator)

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2017
    • (edited Aug 12th 2017)

So far this is not the QFT version of QED? Just the quantum mechanics version? I learned not too long ago (from the graphic novel Feynman!) that Tomonaga worked on his version of QED in Tokyo during WWII.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2017

Sorry, not sure what you are asking. “So far”? The entry is manifestly empty at the moment, except for references. The references speak about the quantum field theory called quantum electrodynamics (I am not sure what the “quantum mechanics version” of this would be?).

Maybe let’s wait until there is some actual content in the entry…

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts

Ah, sorry. I was expecting papers by Feynman et al, not Dirac. I guess my history is a bit rusty.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Oh, I see. Yes, that’s right: Dirac not only discovered the theory of a single electron (famously so), but he proceeded right away to study the corresponding field theory, too (not as famously, for some reason).

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorjim_stasheff
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2017
    Better yet - the theory of a single magnetic pole
    • CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2017

Better yet - the theory of a single magnetic pole

Not its quantum theory, though.