Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2017
    • (edited Sep 29th 2017)

I gave Koszul complex and Idea-section and stated two key Properties in citable form (but without proof), one of them the statement that a sufficient condition for the Koszul complex to be a resolution of R/(x 1,,x n)R/(x_1, \cdots, x_n) is that RR is Noetherian, the x ix_i are in the Jacobson radical, and the cohomology in degree -1 vanishes.

Finally I stated the special case of this (here) where RR is a formal power series algebra over a field and the elements x ix_i are formal power series with vanishing constant term.

(I have added the relevant facts as citable numbered examples at Noetherian ring and at Jacobson radical.)

This happens to be the case that one need in BV-formalism in field theory. I am writing this out now at A first idea of quantum field theory (here).

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2017
    • (edited Oct 12th 2017)

Does this fact remain true for graded-commutative rings:

Let RR be a commutative ring and (x 1,,x d)(x_1, \cdots, x_d) a sequence of elements in RR, such that

1. RR is Noetherian;

2. each x ix_i is contained in the Jacobson radical of RR

then the following are equivalent:

1. the cochain cohomology of the Koszul complex K(x 1,,x d)K(x_1, \cdots, x_d) vanishes in degree 1-1;

2. the Koszul complex K(x 1,,x d)K(x_1, \cdots, x_d) is a free resolution of the quotient ring R/(x 1,,x d)R/(x_1, \cdots, x_d), hence its cochain cohomology vanishes in all degrees 1\leq -1;

Does this remain true for RR a \mathbb{Z}-graded-commutative ring?