Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2017

I have brought in some standard stuff to Fourier transform in a new section Over Cartesian spaces. (Superceding the previous section “On the real line”.)

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2017
    • (edited Nov 2nd 2017)

added more basic material, up to the statement that Fourier transform of distributions turns convolution into products (this prop.) and followed by the remark (here) that the converse formula, whenever it is well defined, may be taken as the definition of the product of distributions (this connecting to the beginning of the Idea-section there).

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2017
    • (edited Nov 7th 2017)

I rewrote the section Fourier transform – Over Cartesian spaces, now sticking with the convention that the factors of 2π2\pi all go into the volume form for the wave-vector integration (instead of in the exponentials). I hope I have changed everything consistently now…

Also polished and further expanded a little here and there. The I touched the Idea-sectin a little