Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2018

just out of a whim, I expanded a little the text at Fermat curve

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts

Made some corrections to the history, and added reference to Friedman’s Grand conjecture at the end.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Made some corrections to the history

Could you say explicitly which corrections to the history you have in mind? What I see from the logs is that at Fermat curve you just changed “modularity conjecture” to “modularity conjector for semistable elliptic curves” and at Ribet’s theorem you changed “assuming” to “together with assuming”.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts

Wiles didn’t prove the Modularity Conjecture in full, and it wasn’t necessary to do so. I didn’t change Ribet’s theorem today, it must have been a while ago. I fixed the statement that there were no rational points to no nontrivial rational points for n3n\geq 3, and the result that for n=2n=2 the curve is just the projective line. I added mention that ’direct proof’ is generally taken to mean in some formal system of arithmetic, for instance EFA, as Friedman conjectures.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Okay, thanks for the qualification of the modularity statement.

Sorry about the thing with Ribet’s theorem: I had created that today, and the change I saw was by myself! :-)