Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
  1. I guess it should read as “one defines the (Serre) quotient category A/TA/T as the one having the same objects as AA and ….” and not ” … same objects as TT… ” Similarily in the line following the line mentioned here.

Anonymous

diff, v16, current

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2018

added some more hyperlinks to keywords

diff, v17, current

2. Thanks! Nice that this person kindly indicated their changes via the new tool; since they are anonymous, they probably would not have left a message at the nForum otherwise. This was the initial motivation for adding the annoucement mechanism, so good to see that it may be beginning to help.

3. I also see that there are some bugs in Instiki’s mechanism for showing the diff. I can try to look at that at some point.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • (edited Apr 5th 2018)

I edited a couple of pages a couple of days ago, ticked the box for announcer and the change were not announced. Maybe my nnForum name zskoda is not the same at the nnLab contributor signature Zoran Škoda or something ? What happens when the name is not matching, can it be manually related in some database ?

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorRichard Williamson
    • (edited Apr 5th 2018)

Hi Zoran, I checked the logs, and the tool is correctly finding your nForum user. However, the logs show that all of your edits were marked as ’trivial’: I see edits to invariant differential form, Hausdorff series, and Runge-Kutta method on the 3rd of April, between 13:08 UTC and 15:05 UTC, but all are marked as trivial. Are you sure that you ticked to announce the entries? If you are sure, could you try an edit now (maybe just find a typo somewhere, or make some trivial change) where you click to announce?

For the record, the algorithm that is used to associate an nForum user to an nLab author is described in #26 here. To summarise: two generic methods are attempted to make the association, and if this does not work, then a file which l edit manually to define author-user correspondences is checked. So far I’ve added Todd and David C to that list :-). If there is still no match, then the name of the author is included in the announcement text.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2018

Hm. I think I understand what happened. I have ticked the box as nontrivial and wrote some comments. In later edits the same afternoon I did not want to make new announcements and I ticked a box that those later edits were trivial. But probably 30 minutes did not pass and the previous announcement did not pass through. This was before we discussed the delays extensively and I was not aware that the announcement was already not immediate.

4. Fixes typo in the definition of Serre quotient category.

Anonymous

diff, v18, current

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2019

Thanks.

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2021

Added example copied from quotient category.

diff, v19, current

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorJeremy Rickard
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2021
    • (edited Aug 2nd 2021)
    The definition of a thick subcategory of a triangulated category at the beginning of the page doesn't look right. I'm not even sure what meaning "closed under extensions" could have for a subcategory of a triangulated category that would not be automatic for a triangulated subcategory.
    • CommentRowNumber12.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2021

Thanks for the alert.

I have now tried to briefly fix the first two paragraphs – stating closure under direct summands for thick triangulated subcategories and stating a definition of thick subcatgeories of abelian categories that I see in the literature.

I see there is still something weird going on as it goes to the third paragraph. I haven’t touched that, but left a warning.

(I didn’t write this stuff, nor am I expert on it, and, most importantly, I am about to leave for vacation with no time left to dig into it. If you are expert and want to do the community a favour, please feel invited to bring the entry into better shape.)

diff, v20, current

• CommentRowNumber13.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2022

Recently added definition that thick subcategory in an abelian category is closed “under direct summands, kernels of epis, cokernels of monos and extensions” is in the abelian categories precisely the same as it was/is stated below/before: closed under subobjects, quotients and extensions (or packed differently: topologizing+closed under extensions). Direct summands is a superfluous condition as it is included both under subobjects and under quotients.

I have split the definition part into two sections: one for derived and one for abelian context, as it should be as the definitions quite differ.

diff, v22, current