Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2018

Added link to my notes on formal anafunctors, here

diff, v102, current

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2018

Added arXiv link to my recent anafunctors notes

diff, v104, current

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2018

Added proper reference to Makkai’s paper as well as link to the published version

diff, v105, current

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2021

Improved the remarks about size questions with reference to axioms and countermodels.

diff, v108, current

1. fix typo

julian rohrhuber

diff, v109, current

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorTim_Porter
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2022

Typo fix.

diff, v110, current

2. replaced links to the functor comprehension principle (michaelshulman) article on the michaelshulman wiki with links to the functor comprehension principle article on the nlab wiki

C. Silva

diff, v111, current

3. Also removing old discussion in query box:

Urs says: Why do you restrict this to the abelian case? From page 16 of Noohi’s article I got the impression that he is precisely describing the ana-2-functors between one-object 2-groupoids in terms of the corresponding (possibly nonabelian) crossed modules.

Mathieu says: I don’t see that (or something like that) on that page, but saturated anafunctors should correspond to butterflies also in the semi-abelian case (using the notion of internal crossed module in a semi-abelian category introduced by Janelidze), but I have not checked it. The special case of groups is probably easy to check: saturated anafunctors between two internal groupoids in the category of groups should correspond to butterflies between the corresponding crossed modules.

Urs says: I haven’t checked the details. But he is looking at derived homs of crossed complexes. By general nonsense these derived hom should be given by homs out of cofibrant replacements. This is another way of talking about the anafunctor picture. Somebody should check the details.

Tim: Noohi has pointed out to me a slip in his HHA article in which he gives an ’algebraic’ description of weak map (and thus of anafunctor) between the crossed modules corresponding to the 2-groups. He has posted a corrected version on the archive (<http://arxiv.org/abs/math/0506313v3>, but make sure you get version 3).

C. Silva

diff, v111, current