Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
  1. Added link to PDF file of Kobayashi’s book on Einstein-Hermitian vector bundles.

N. Raghavendra

diff, v4, current

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorraghu
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2018

Added the Lubke and Teleman book to references.

diff, v4, current

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorRichard Williamson
    • (edited Oct 3rd 2018)

Hi Nyshadham, I’ve now associated “N. Raghavendra” and “Nyshadham Raghavendra” to your user name “raghu”, so that if you use either of the former on the nLab, the corresponding nForum messages will appear under your nForum user (so that you can e.g. edit them).

[Edit: right on cue, #2 was made after I made this change, and before I completed this message!]

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorraghu

Hi Richard, if possible, could you please identify all my names to “N. Raghavendra”, which is what I use? (It is a South Indian tradition — we often don’t have surnames, and even if we have one, like my Nyshadham, we use it merely as an initial, and go by our first name, like my Raghavendra.) It’d be nice if any edits I make on nLab, and all my messages on the nForum, appear under the name “N. Raghavendra”. Thanks for the help.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • (edited Oct 3rd 2018)
    Hi Raghavendra, my apologies for getting your names the wrong way around! The way the connection between the nLab and the nForum works is that it tries to match the nLab name with an nForum username, or with the names the person used when signing up for the nForum; if this fails, there is a list of 'exceptional cases', and it is here that I have added you :-). Do you mean that you would like N. Raghavendra to appear instead of raghu at the top of your nForum messages? I'm not sure if the nForum software can do that at the moment, but I'll check tomorrow.
    • CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorraghu

Do you mean that you would like N. Raghavendra to appear instead of raghu at the top of your nForum messages?

Yes, that’s what I meant.

I’m not sure if the nForum software can do that at the moment, but I’ll check tomorrow.

Thanks again.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2018
    • (edited Oct 4th 2018)

Hi Raghavendra, I checked, but unfortunately it is not currently possible. However, I will add it to the Technical TODO list (nlabmeta), it will not be too difficult to add this functionality. Of course you could change your username (or I could do it for you), but I suppose you like it as it is?

My energies are mostly going into the development of the nLab software rather than the nForum software at the moment, so it may take a while to implement this unfortunately. Maybe this is an opportunity again to encourage any passer-by who might be interested to get in touch if they would like to do a bit of occasional work on the nForum software; it would be a natural division of labour.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorraghu
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2018

Richard, thanks for looking at the problem. Please leave my username as it is. I don’t think it is worth more of your time. Thanks again for taking the trouble.