Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010

I think the stylesheet I’ve been using just got broke somehow. Instead of “Edit/Source/Permalink” showing up as little unobtrusive links on the right-hand side like they used to, now they are showing up in a bulleted list at the top of each comment, with the first one overlapping the “time posted” info. What happened?

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey

Yes, I broke the CSS. Sorry. I was concentrating on the main theme and didn’t consider the other ones. Oops.

• CommentRowNumber3.

Okay, I’ve added a few rules to your CSS which look (on my browser) as if they fix that problem. I’ve also copied over the nLab maths CSS which should fix things like bold-fonts in mathematics. Hopefully, the forum looks pretty much like it did for everyone as it did yesterday. What I did today was adjust a few things that will make it easier to apply CSS to stuff, but then I had to reimpose the defaults back on top. So a few things might look out of place still, but I haven’t gone through and fixed everything yet.

What I’ve worked on most is the default style since almost everyone uses that and since that’s what new visitors get presented with when they first visit. Since those who’ve chosen their own stylesheet are those most likely to care about what the forum looks like, it’d be nice if they would take a look at the default and comment on it. (Actually, I ought to copy this over to the “CSS Week” discussion so that more than just Mike read it …)

• CommentRowNumber4.

Nope, still broken for me. On both Firefox and Chrome in Ubuntu.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2010

IT was broken for me too yesterday, but is ok now.

• CommentRowNumber6.

Bother. I thought I’d fixed all the different CSS styles. I must have missed one. *Looks in database*. Ahh, I see. Yes, I think I did miss that one. I’ll fix it later.

• CommentRowNumber7.

How’s that? Any better?

(Bizarrely, you’d chosen the default stylesheet from the old setup. When I switched stylesheets, I set the default to a slightly altered one and everyone who had never made a choice automatically got that one. However, since you’d chosen to have the old one, you didn’t switch. I’ve made the basic adjustments to your stylesheet now so it should function the same as before.)

• CommentRowNumber8.

Yes, that looks fine, thanks!. Now I will go look at the new default.

• CommentRowNumber9.

What is the new default? There is one stylesheet called “default” and one called “default (tabled)”. The latter looks pretty weird in Chrome at least – the main text is shifted over to the left oddly, the comments have duplicated numbers on them, and the list of discussions is displayed with lots of bullet points. The former is even more broken – the tab labels are above their tabs, the line spacing is doubled everywhere, and the titles of discussions are squashed into horizontal lines. Is the default the one called “Vanilla (original)” which doesn’t have a picture like the others? It would also be nice if the “change stylesheet” page would tell me somehow which stylesheet I’m currently using, and if it were clear from the names which one is actually the default, so that one can get back to it reliably after trying out other possibilities.

Flipping through the stylesheets again, I like the look of vaneablack and cloud6, except that the background colors they use for discussions that are “read” versus “has unread” are too similar. Could that be fixed a bit? E.g. darken the “unread” yellow a bit for vaneablack, and lighten the “read” shade of gray for cloud6. Also in cloud6 hyperlinks don’t seem to be noticeable until you mouseover them, which I think is a problem.