Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthoriamcxds
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2021

I am interested in Urs Schreiber’s work like “Differential cohomology in a cohesive infinity-topos”. But to study these huge works is a long-term project, I think is a good idea to study together. I recently joined one like that for Exodromy. It’s pretty nice, I learn a lot of higher topos from this. So I think we can have more like this.

Maybe some experts can give a “road map”, and learners can give talks on Zoom each week according to those materials. One benefit of holding online is it can last for a long period(year-long) so that we can have time to work on some pre-required things. And such a working group could encourage people to insistent study on this.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthordds
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2021
    Dear iamcxds,

I would be interested to join if such a group is created. Please, keep me posted.

Kind regards,
    DD
    • CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2021
    • (edited May 14th 2021)

Since I was contacted by email now, I’ll post my reply here:

I find it a good idea. I didn’t respond because this is something that you and your working group needs to set up and organize – myself I am too busy with other matters.

Allow me to offer a general advice about online collaboration, from experience:

Somebody needs to take the initiative and take action, otherwise little will happen.

If you are serious about your plan, then I suggest that you start setting up the infrastructure (webpage, literature lists, plan, video-platforms etc.)

Once you have basic infrastructure in place, people get an idea of what it is all about and will join in more likely – and will be able to lend a hand on what remains to be done.

Once you and your reading group are up and running, I’ll have a look and see if I have time and energy to contribute something.

But don’t count on me too much. For one, I am busy, but more importantly: I have already written out, at some length, what I have to say; and now it is probably discussion between you and your colleagues that you want to have to progress!

Best wishes, urs

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthoriamcxds
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2021
    • (edited May 18th 2021)

Currently I made a simple webpage and a discord server. But we need to make a talks plan. So I tend to follow the introduction of v2. If you are interested, join the discord and we can discuss about the plan, and we need people to start up.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2021

That’s a start!

Myself, I will not join the effort, as I said, but I am happy to make some advertisement for you to help find people who do want to get involved. For now, I have sent a little announcement to Twitter here.