Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
  1. Page created, but author did not leave any comments.

Anonymous

v1, current

2. removed dollar signs from table labels

Anisomorphism

diff, v2, current

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2022

No, wait, the dollar signs need to be there, such as for \infty to render properly.

The real problem is that the table (here) is coded in HTML instead of in markup.

diff, v3, current

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2022

I have re-typeset the “periodic table” (here), now in our Instiki/markdown syntax instead of html (and re-including the dollar signs).

I have just blindly re-produced the entries of the table as it was, but I have myself not thought about A nA_n-stuff for n<n \lt \infty and I don’t fully follow what the entry is saying: It seems from the last row that the claim is that there is first a stabilization at large finite kk and then again a jump as one goes to the limit kk \to \infty??

diff, v4, current

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2022

I only now fully realize that this entry and most of the pages it links to were created and solely authored by Anonymous activity in summer 2022.

All these entries (like A4-spatial groupoid) contain neither definitions nor references. While at first glance they seem too trivial to have any issues, something seems amiss and something seems wrong with that table. (Was this on the HoTT wiki?)

If anyone would like to vouch for these entries and help try to improve them that would be good. Otherwise it might be that we should delete them.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2022

Just to bump this up again: Does anyone see value in this entry and sees themselves working to improve it?

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2022

The name “A4-spatial groupoid” seems wrong in any case: it should be just an A 4A_4-space or perhaps an A 4A_4-groupoid, and as such is redundant with An-space.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2022

Thanks for the feedback. And wouldn’t an A 4A_4-groupoid just be a monoidal groupoid? That would solve the problem with the systematics of the table.

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2022

I haven’t unwound the definitions to carefully check the stabilization degree (for the time being I am looking into this not out of interest into the subject, but just as an editor trying to steer the nLab), but I think this must be true. So I have replaced now in the table the entry “A4-spatial groupoid” with “monoidal groupoid” and “A5 spatial 2-groupoid” with “monoidal 2-groupoid”. This way the table now finally seems to make sense in itself.

diff, v6, current