Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2022
    • (edited Jun 9th 2022)

just re-discovered the existence of the ancienct page holonomic quantum field, while looking to hyperlink the authors of:

This old page needs attention:

After I had given (in rev 2) Zoran’s original text the header “Idea”, Zoran complained within the entry (rev 3) about his own text that:

There is no single mathematical idea expressed here yet!

and

Somebody should figure it out

diff, v5, current

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield

This article (which I can only see the preview) at least gives us the ’fruit’ of the link:

Through recent study of the problems in mathematical physics, a deep, unexpected link has emerged: a link between the monodromy preserving deformation theory for linear (ordinary and partial) differential equations, and a class of quantum field operators ([i] [2] [3]). The aim of this article is to give an overview to the present stage of development in the theory (see also [4]).

The fruit of the above link is multifold. On the one hand it enables one to compute exactly the n point correlation functions of the field in question in a closed form, using solutions to certain non-linear differential equations of specific type (such as the Painlev~ equations). On the other hand it provides an effective new tool of describing the deformation theory by means of quantum field operators. Thus it stands as a good example of the fact that not only the pure mathematics is applied to physical problems but also the converse is true.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

The full text is freely available here.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorDavid_Corfield

Is there perhaps an Hypothesis H perspective on holonomic field theory? Pure mathematicians are still investigating isomonodromic deformations of such differential equations, as in this tweet.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

If and in as far as it’s related to the KZ-equation the answer would be “yes” (that’s the content of Anyonic Defect Branes).

However, I haven’t even opened any article on “holonomic field theory” yet, so I don’t know what exactly that term subsumes.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2022
    • (edited Jun 12th 2022)

@1 I did not complain about the text, nor your formatting into paragraphs, but merely left a reminder about calling the vague orientation what this subject is about “idea”. Idea of the construction is yet to be written.

I think the title of the paragraph as it is now reminds us temporarily and honestly that the true idea of the construction is on our to do list. Once the essence of the construction is outlined we can rename the entire intro section into “Idea”. I highly respect this subject but somehow miss the clarity to explain it yet.

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

I’d suggest to remove the lines “There is no single mathematical idea expressed here yet!” and “Idea: Somebody should figure it out”. Instead we could just write “under construction” at the top of the page.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

I have now deleted these two lines.

Then I have added the quote given by David C. in #2.

Also started fixing the bibitems and their hyperlinking, but I give up now, for the moment.

diff, v6, current