Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorvarkor
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2023

Added a stub for this journal, as a place to link to category theoretic papers published there, which can be difficult to find for those unfamiliar with Gallica.

v1, current

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorvarkor

Add articles from 1960 – 1963.

v1, current

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorvarkor

Add many more articles, but missing years and authors.

v1, current

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorvarkor

Added years.

v1, current

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorvarkor
    • (edited Mar 13th 2023)

At some point, I tried to find all the articles pertaining to category theory published by CRAS, because they seemed a rich source of ideas, many of which have been cited but are hard to find, or alternatively have subsequently been overlooked entirely. However, I did not record author information, because I was having to type everything manually, since I had not realised there was a text mode from which I could copy and paste. If anyone has some spare time, it would be helpful to go through and add the author information.

Since there is no convenient index on Gallica, I am sure that there are some articles I have missed. Hopefully these can be added in over time.

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorThomas Holder

I think that one is redundant:

• Factorisations d’un cotriple, (1970), (gallica)

diff, v2, current

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorvarkor

Add an article from 1978.

diff, v3, current

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorvarkor

Added some articles from later than 1975. It’s very likely I’ve missed some.

diff, v4, current

• CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorDmitri Pavlov
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2023

Removed incorrect claims and added a hyperlink to the current website.

diff, v5, current

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorvarkor
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2023

Added a missing article by Roos.

diff, v8, current

• CommentRowNumber11.
    • CommentAuthorvarkor
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2023

Added a cross-reference to Esquisses mathématiques.

diff, v9, current

• CommentRowNumber12.
    • CommentAuthorvarkor
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2024

Added a missing paper of Guitart.

diff, v10, current

• CommentRowNumber13.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Should this page perhaps be renamed to the contemporary name, with the older name(s) given in the description of the history?

The current OA publishing platform (Centre Mersenne) has been used since Jan 2020.

• CommentRowNumber14.
    • CommentAuthorDavidRoberts
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Here’s the description from the Jan 2020 editorial at the change-over from being published by Elsevier

In the current context of opening up scientific publications, Académie des sciences is strongly committed to free access to knowledge, on the one hand by developing partnerships with non- commercial publishers and on the other hand by acting for a wide dissemination of recent scientific advances.

The first objective was achieved in January 2020 by entrusting the Centre Mersenne with the publication of the Comptes Rendus for six of the seven series (including the mathematical series). The seventh series, devoted to Paleontology, will be published by the Museum of Natural History. The articles will be accessible immediately, free of charge and on a permanent basis, as soon as they are accepted by the editorial committee, on the website of Académie des sciences (https://comptes-rendus.academie-sciences.fr) developed with the Mersenne Centre for Open Scientific Publishing (CNRS and Grenoble-Alpes University).

This is an opportunity to give new life to the Mathematics series, enlarging its editorial board and broadening its editorial objectives. Comptes Rendus. Mathématique will now welcome different types of publications, and particularly encourages :

(i) Original and significant research work.
    (ii) Articles presenting important mathematical developments in a non-technical or synthetic manner.
    (iii) Texts presenting important mathematical works in a comprehensive manner.
    (iv) Thematic issues that review various approaches to the same problem (e.g., to report on symposia or workshops).
    (v) Texts of historical, philosophical, or didactic reflection closely related to mathematics.

The length of articles published in the Comptes Rendus is not limited anymore.

We are counting on your interest and the mobilization of all of you to make a success of this relaunch: thank you for considering the possibility of submitting attractive articles to Comptes Rendus. Mathématique, and of advertising them among your collaborators.

• CommentRowNumber15.
    • CommentAuthorvarkor
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Should this page perhaps be renamed to the contemporary name, with the older name(s) given in the description of the history?

The purpose of this page is to archive a list of relevant older papers before the journal was restarted, so I think the original name is better.