Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2010
    • (edited Mar 22nd 2013)

created stub for WZW model in reply to a question by a colleague (on how to obtain the Hilbert space of states in that model)

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2010
    • (edited Oct 5th 2010)

I added the alternative WZNW terminology and redirects. Added the reference to di Francesco’s book with a long chapter on the model.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2011
    • (edited Oct 21st 2011)

I have started adding some words on definition and properties to WZW model.

I think I have developed a nice general abstract conception for how (higher) WZW theory is the “differentially twisted looping” of infinity-Chern-Simons theory (schreiber). I have been developing this in my cohesive writeup but I want to get back to developing more of it out here in the open.

The picture that is emerging is that of the following 3 concepts each term comes from the previous term by adding one simple canonical operation

1. infinity-Chern-Weil theory
    2. infinity-Chern-Simons theory
    3. infinity Wess-Zumino-Witten theory

I think realizing this helps to see the bigger picture here. Therefore I took the liberty of reflecting that trinity in the floating tocs of these subjects. Hope that’s okay with you all. Some of these entries sit in my personal web, some on the main nnLab. I hope it’s allright the way it is. Otherwise, please let me know.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

in [[WZW model}} it says:

By Chern-Simons holography? (see there for more details)

while the holography link there does not work.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

Thanks. I have fixed this by making holography a redirect.

1. Added details at Wess-Zumino-Witten model in section “Topological term – WZW term”

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2013

I have added to WZW model a survey of the characterization of the WZW D-branes and collected some of the crucial References.

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorcrogers
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2013
    An idea mentioned in the D-brane section was kindly attributed to me. I slightly modified the attribution for the sake of clarity and accuracy. Hope that's ok (I logged in as an "anon coward" since it feels weird for me to write about myself like that...)
    • CommentRowNumber9.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2014
    • (edited Jul 14th 2014)

added a brief section Equations of motion with a minimal statement

• CommentRowNumber10.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2015
    • (edited Apr 15th 2015)

Since I need to be pointing it from elsewhere, I have added the statement of the formalization of general WZW terms in cohesive homotopy theory, here.