Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorRodMcGuire
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2011
    • (edited Jan 12th 2011)

Given the problem that Zoran has been having making his eMail visible (detailed in a thread titled Spam) I edited nForum FAQ (nlabmeta) and gave it a link to a newly created Membership ranks and privileges (nlabmeta) (which probably needs some editing and linking - maybe into the TOC).

I did that in part because I as a “Browser” member I could find no mention of the “Membership” list being discussed, which as it turns out is only visable to “Researcher” and above members.

Further discussion on the bug Zoran found should probably continue here (and maybe some of the discussion should be moved here from the Spam thread)

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey

Note that the bug which Zoran found was corrected, the subsequent discussion was more about the feature of who is able to see someone’s email address.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • (edited Jan 12th 2011)

ad 2: I still think there is a bug. I see Ramesh’s email address (page 2) in the members list, while not my own where it says “secret” (page 1). I see my own address only under account. I guess Ramesh has setup his email as public from the very beginning. I set it up as secret. Now I chanegd this, the change affected account page and not the members page where the original setting is somehow remembered. No ?

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey

Okay, but the bug that I was referring to was the original one that meant that you couldn’t change your settings at all. Perhaps I’m being too pedantic: that was a bug in the actual software, what you’re pointing out now is (I think) a misconfiguration of the settings.

I’ve edited the page that Rod started on nlabmeta to list the various user types and what I think are their main abilities.