Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2011
    • (edited Feb 25th 2011)

have started an entry Renormalization and Effective Field Theory on Kevin Costello’s book

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2013

I have updated and then considerably expanded the information at the beginning of the Reference-entry Renormalization and Effective Field Theory.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2013
    • (edited Jan 26th 2013)

In fact, Costello says on a web page that the preceding article arxiv/0706.1533 is too complicated and a bit surpassed by a bit more to the point formalism in the book. I do not know how much weight he puts on this advice (this nnLab page says that the book is based on the article which could be still true to large extent).

He had a draft version of his book for a while on the page which is now removed, I have one of the versions. Do you have the access to the actual book ?

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2013

Hi Zoran,

right, thanks, you guessed correctly. I did have a bunch of the chapters of the book flying around somewhere, but can’t find them anymore. That’s why I was looking at that article.

By the way, I will probably not further edit this entry until about mid Febuary. Then I should come back to this.

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2013

I can send you the version I have (within a day or so, when I find it).

I am very interested in this subject, but first I need to secure my position, what will take another half a year or year…