Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nforum nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf sheaves simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2011
    • (edited May 8th 2011)

Every item in Recently Revised output has a line of the form

by ThisUser at April 29, 2011 21:25:16 from 109.227.20.187

hence in particular, the line has the date written. Now the output has also huge title for every particular date and a new paragraph with each date. In the main lab, this is not that much of a problem as each day there are many edits, so proportionally the paragraph making and titles do not take much space. In personal pages, however, we have usually not more then couple of different pages edited typically per day which was active. Thus the big titles take more than half of the space in Recently Revised listing, and the additional spacing between the titles and the entries (paragraph structure) takes yet additional space. Thus if I want to find a title of the entry whose title I do not remember and I edited it a month ago I typically spend much time scrolling and reading irrelevant date title information, between the actual titles which I actually read.

Conclusion: I think it would be much better if the dates would not be extracted into section titles and paragraph division as it is a redudant information, especially for personal labs. I am a visual person and rarifying text into lots of paragraphs, titles etc. make me inefficient in general.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorRodMcGuire

Zoran, If you are running Firefox then you can install the Stylish extension and write a rule to change the CSS to give a display you like.

Here is a rule I just wrote that does what I think you want:

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document url("http://ncatlab.org/zoranskoda/recently_revised") {
    h3 {display: none}
    div#Content ul {margin: 0}
    div#Content ul li {margin: 0 !important}
    }

The h3 line prevents the big dates from being displayed. The 2 following lines removes extra space between individual entry lines.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda

Thanks, that is a good idea.