Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Site Tag Cloud

2-category 2-category-theory abelian-categories adjoint algebra algebraic algebraic-geometry algebraic-topology analysis analytic-geometry arithmetic arithmetic-geometry book bundles calculus categorical categories category category-theory chern-weil-theory cohesion cohesive-homotopy-type-theory cohomology colimits combinatorics comma complex complex-geometry computable-mathematics computer-science constructive cosmology deformation-theory descent diagrams differential differential-cohomology differential-equations differential-geometry digraphs duality elliptic-cohomology enriched fibration finite foundation foundations functional-analysis functor gauge-theory gebra geometric-quantization geometry graph graphs gravity grothendieck group group-theory harmonic-analysis higher higher-algebra higher-category-theory higher-differential-geometry higher-geometry higher-lie-theory higher-topos-theory homological homological-algebra homotopy homotopy-theory homotopy-type-theory index-theory integration integration-theory k-theory lie-theory limits linear linear-algebra locale localization logic mathematics measure-theory modal modal-logic model model-category-theory monad monads monoidal monoidal-category-theory morphism motives motivic-cohomology nlab noncommutative noncommutative-geometry number-theory of operads operator operator-algebra order-theory pages pasting philosophy physics pro-object probability probability-theory quantization quantum quantum-field quantum-field-theory quantum-mechanics quantum-physics quantum-theory question representation representation-theory riemannian-geometry scheme schemes set set-theory sheaf simplicial space spin-geometry stable-homotopy-theory stack string string-theory superalgebra supergeometry svg symplectic-geometry synthetic-differential-geometry terminology theory topology topos topos-theory tqft type type-theory universal variational-calculus

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2011

Sometime between April and now, an apparent bug was introduced in to the system which meant that syntax looking like:

* list

is unacceptable to Instiki. The precise error is rather weird, and you wouldn’t guess from looking at it what the problem was!

So … don’t do it!

I’ve found three cases of this on the ’lab: at enriched bicategory, ideal completion, and sketch and corrected them all. If you want to see the error, try enriched bicategory (doriath). All three cases were the same: someone had a one-element unordered list of a reference which ended with the year and for some reason, the year (with its following full-stop) had been put on a newline, with an explicit newline character (not just normal word-wrapping). That is, something like:

* Joe Extrovert.  _My fantastic paper_

The fix was simply to remove the newline character.

Currently, Instiki won’t let you save a page with this “bad” syntax on it. The three cases I found were of old pages with that on which must have been saved before the bug appeared (which is how I can date it to more recently than April). So this should no longer affect looking at pages, and now that you know to avoid it, it shouldn’t affect editing pages. (It’s still a bug, and hopefully will get fixed soon.)

To be clear, the list syntax:

* unordered list
    1. ordered list

does work.

(I’ve reported this to Jacques, and thanks are due to Finn Lawler for spotting this one.)

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorFinnLawler

thanks are due to Finn Lawler for spotting this one

To be fair, all I did was stumble upon an error message – it was Andrew who diagnosed and fixed the problem, and overnight too. So extra super thanks are due to him.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorTobyBartels

To be clear, the list syntax:

* unordered list
    1. ordered list

does work.

So to break enriched bicategory (doriath), we must remove the second list. I see that now. (I also see that whitespace there is not sufficient.)

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew Stacey

Jacques has fixed this now and it should be in the next update (early tomorrow morning, UTC).