Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2011

New entry history of mathematics and a couple of minor changes at philosophy.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2011

I have cross-linked this with the floating Mathematics-TOC.

Also I changed your

On the nLab we are mostly interested in…

into

On the nLabe we are maybe currently mostly intererested in…

Because: who knows what the nnLab will contain in a year from now. Or in two years. Or in 10.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorTobyBartels
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2011

I added the foundations of mathematics to the topic list (since it seemed the easiest way to cover my interests that weren’t included) and did some grammar edits.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2011

If something will change in ten years we will change the titles and so on accordingly. Why to make it vague and virtual now ? (as a general rule)

• CommentRowNumber5.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2015

I added a remarkable reference

• Jean-Pierre Marquis, Gonzalo E. Reyes, The history of categorical logic 1963–1977, 111 pp. pdf
    • CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorRichard Williamson
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2021
    • (edited Feb 20th 2021)

Came across this page when doing some tidying up. Tweaked the introductory section to avoid mentioning areas of the interest of the nLab, which I think is good to avoid in general (amongst other things, I agree with Urs’s comments 10 years ago that it can become dated).

diff, v16, current

• CommentRowNumber7.
    • CommentAuthorzskoda
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2022
    • B. L. van der Waerden, Geometry and algebra in ancient civilizations, Springer 1983 gBooks

and few corrected or added links within nnLab including recent

diff, v17, current