Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2011
    • CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorMike Shulman
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2012

I’ve corrected an error (which I think I introduced myself) at saturated class of limits and also at finite limit, which claimed that the class of finite limits is saturated. This is false. For instance, the quotient of an object by a \mathbb{Z}-action clearly lies in this saturation (it is the coequalizer of the action of 11\in \mathbb{Z} and the identity), but it is not a finite limit. The actual answer, I believe, is that the saturation of finite limits (and hence also the saturation of finite products with equalizers, and the saturation of pullbacks with a terminal object) is the class of L-finite limits.

I also added some remarks at saturated class of limits about conical limits in the SetSet-enriched case, for which the open question is known to be true.